Sunday, October 14, 2007

THE BELIEVER'S PERFECTION


I am most exceedingly distressed by my sins, and feel the need of Jesus' precious blood every hour!

I need a supply from the Fountain!

On that day “a fountain will be opened” . . . a fountain to cleanse them from all their sins and defilement (Zechariah 13:1). Feeling fully what I am in myself, and proving afresh that "in my flesh dwells no good thing," in this sad state I fly to Jesus as my only refuge! Oh that the depth of my sin and misery may be overcome by His rich grace, that with Mary I may weep at His dear feet, and love much, having much forgiven. While in the body we shall never be free from sin. I had been looking for something from and in my flesh which the Word of God does not warrant me to expect.

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh" -- and ever will be! The believer's perfection is in Christ. Oh that He may condescend to teach me, and lead me to look straight out of self to a glorious Christ! "And you are complete in Him" (Colossians 2:10).

No comments: