Saturday, October 20, 2007

GOOD TIDINGS


The word ‘gospel,’ literally translated means ‘good tidings.’ As God’s ambassadors we have the privilege to tell sinners who are trying their best to gain or maintain salvation by their religious attempts that Christ did ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING NECESSARY to obtain the salvation of ALL of God’s elect. Christ fulfilled every legal requirement of God’s law and justice for His people, and He actually justified them at Calvary when He cried, “IT IS FINISHED!"

"Being (literally having been) justified freely (without any cause on our part) by his grace through the redemption (release obtained by payment of the ransom price) that is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:24).

This is good news to a sinner!

Jesus said, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).

Now, I have that “peace that passeth all understanding,” and now I know I am as sure of heaven as if I am already there, because of HIM who is ALL my salvation (1 John 5:12,13).

Richard Warmack, Grace Baptist Church, Ruston, LA

No comments: