Wednesday, October 17, 2007

WHAT IS TRUTH?


When Christ was on trial before Pontius Pilate, He told Pilate, “… To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice” (John 18:37).

Pilate responded with the question, “What is truth?” (John 18:38).

Pilate’s question reflected the attitude of all natural, unbelieving men – that truth is not absolute but relative and changing. This is one of the greatest deceptions of Satan, the father of lies. Christ said, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32).

He also said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6).

All truth must be viewed as it is in Christ, as it comes from Him, and as it relates to Him – His glorious Person and His finished work to redeem and justify His sheep on Calvary’s cross. If we want to know the truth of God, look to Christ. If we want to know the truth about ourselves, look to Christ. If we want to know the truth of salvation by grace, look to Christ.

By Bill Parker

No comments: