Thursday, May 21, 2009

THE BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE - PART 4



Let's look at John 3:4 looking at the doctrine of being "born again".

John 3:4
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Here we see the spiritual blindness of Nicodemus, a supposedly spiritual leader of the people.

The best he can think spiritually is consider we go back into our mother's womb a second time?

God here in this verse is showing how spiritually blind one is unless they are born again!

Here is the state - the existence of anyone who has not yet been born again - they are spiritually blind!

They can be religious, they can be religious leaders, they can be sincere; but without being born again they are sincerely, religiously blind:

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man (or woman; natural man= one who has not yet been born again) receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (judged)

This verse teaches us that one who has not yet been born again cannot know spiritual things ("Neither CAN he know them").

This is the case of Nicodemus and ALL who have not yet been born again. Nicodemus being called by Jesus "A master of Israel" (THE teacher - a religous leader) (John 3:10) was taught of the new birth in the Old Testament (before Jesus came):

Ezekiel 36:25
Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

Ezekiel 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Ezekiel 36:27
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

The water here is the water of the Word - which we will look at more in John 3:5.

When one is born again - the WORD of God - the Bible becomes their spiritual food - not religion and rituals. Jeremiah- a prophet of the Old Testament who was born again said:

Jeremiah 15:16
Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

What is the Word of God mean to you?

To me?

I would like to make a testimony of God's work in my life: not to praise me, but to praise Him - for I had nothing to do with it - I was only a receiver of God's grace!

As a Roman Catholic for the first 23 years of my life I was religious, I performed the rituals of Roman Catholicism; but I never read the Bible, nor did I ever have ANY concern for the Bible.

I just went through my false religion of Roman Catholicism. But I praise God that in 1983 - God took me to the Bible and converted me to Himself (born again). Since then my WHOLE relationship with God is based on the BIBLE ALONE!

Praise Him! Praise Him!

How about you?

Have you been born again?

Jesus said: "Ye must be born again" (John 3:7).

Here's a promise from God:

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from thence (right now) thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

God is absolutely sovereign in salvation; and God will never turn away anyone who desires salvation through Christ. Jesus said:

John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

By Craig Miklosik

No comments: