Sunday, June 28, 2009

GOD HELPS THE NEEDY


“But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: Thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.”
(Psalm 40:17)

One who seeks to justify doubts concerning his own salvation may reason like this –
“I don’t doubt the power of the blood of Christ to cleanse me from all my sins, but I do doubt my own interest in it.”

My friends, you have no reason to doubt your interest in the precious blood of Christ as long as you see your NEED of Him and His accomplished work on Calvary. When you stop needing Him, then you can be sure you have no interest in Him or anything He has ever done. When you see yourself as anything more than a sinner in need of mercy and grace, one who deserves eternal damnation based on his best efforts to obey, then you can be sure you have no true faith in Him. When you see yourself as righteous within rather than righteous IN HIM, you can rest assured you have no true love for Him.

Our Lord said, “They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick” (Luke 5:31).

Are you sick with sin and self-righteousness?

Then you need the only remedy found in the glorious Person and finished work of Christ. We are all interested in persons and things of which we have NEED, and when it comes to our sinfulness and our salvation, we need Christ and His blood and righteousness for our whole salvation. We will never stop needing Him, and God helps the needy.

By Bill Parker

No comments: